Indole Butyric Acid IBA 98%TC Manufacturer Supply Plant Root
Indole-3-butyric acid (1H-Indole-3-butanoic acid, IBA) is a white
to light-yellow crystalline solid, with the molecular formula
C12H13NO2. It melts at 125 °C in atmospheric pressure and
decomposes before boiling. IBA is a plant hormonein the auxin
family and is an ingredient in many commercial horticultural plant
IBA is a broad spectrum of indoles plant growth regulator.Promote cell
division and cell growth,
induced formation of adventitious roots.Change the ratio of female
and male flower.
3-Indolebutyric acid(IBA) is a kind of Plant growth regulator, used
for cell division and cell proliferation, promote vegetation and
woody plant root meristem.
Physical & chemical property.
Indole Butyric Acid
Plant growth regulator
Common name 4-indol-3-ylbutyric acid (draft BSI, ISO-E, accepted in
lieu of a common name)
IUPAC name 4-(indol-3-yl)butyric acid
Chemical Abstracts name 1H-indole-3-butanoic acid
Other names IBA CAS RN [133-32-4]
Mol. wt. 203.2 M.f. C12H13NO2 Form Colourless to pale yellow
crystals. M.p. 123-125 ºC V.p. <0.01 mPa (25 ºC) Solubility In
water 250 mg/l (20 ºC). In benzene >1000, acetone, ethanol, and
diethyl ether 30-100, chloroform 0.01-0.1 (all in g/l). Stability
Very stable in neutral, acidic and alkaline media. F.p.
Mode of action Plant growth regulator which acts on cell division
and cell elongation. Uses Used to stimulate rooting of cuttings of
herbaceous and woody ornamentals.
Oral Acute oral LD50 for mice 100 mg/kg. Other Acute i.p. LD50 for
mice 100 mg/kg (H. H. Anderson et al., Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med.,
1936, 34, 138). Toxicity class EPA (formulation) III
Bees Not toxic to bees.
Soil/Environment Rapidly degraded in soil
1. Used to stimulate rooting of cuttings of herbaceous and woody
2. The major function of IBA is to promote a variety of plant
rooting, to make some transplanted crops root early and root more.
3. IBA treatment can promote the root elongate growth and the root
lignification of flowers such as jasmine, begonia, camellia.
4. you can also use it to promote fruiting of tomato,cucumber, fig,
strawberry, raspberry and other vegetables and fruits by soaking
1. Used as plant growth regulator;
2. Used for increasing ratio of fruit setting;
3. Used as rooting agent.promote cuttings rooting;
5. Use for soaking seeds,Improve the rate of germination and
Broad-spectrum plant growth regulator. It is used to stimulate
rooting of cuttings of herbaceous and woody ornamentals, also used
to increase fruit set.
1. Indole butyric acid IBA can induce cell elongation and cell
division with all subsequent results for
plant growth and development.
2. Indole butyric acid IBA serves as signaling molecules necessary
for development of plant organs and coordination of growth.
3. Indole butyric acid IBA plays a key role in both root and shoot
4. Indole butyric acid IBA also induces sugar and mineral
accumulation at the site of application
5. Indole butyric acid IBA induces the formation and organization
of xylem and phloem. When the plant is injured, the auxin can
induce the cell differentiation and regeneration of the vascular