PM For Automobile Components Of Different Brands
1. We specialized in the PIM technology of research and
development, production and service,
which include PM products and so on.
2. Process:powder metallurgy / metal injection molding
3. High precision,100% quality with competitive price.
4. We can make the products according to customers' drawings or
5. Short delivery time.
Customer Show ( Customer Approval Show Only )
Note:Sofine PIM is not authorized to use their names, these names are
just to shows our skill level and products standards.
- Obtained ISO9001: 2000 version quality system certification in
- Obtained ISO9001: 2008 version quality system certification in
- Obtained QC080000:2005 version certification in October 2010.
- Obtained certifications of TS16949 in April 2013.
- All products have SGS or CTI report, conform to Environmental
request of RoHS.Material has test report of REACH.
Based on the whole life cycle product and project management,
Sofine provides "one-stop" end to solution from design conception
to perfect fulfillment. this practice makes the cost effective,
best quality and delivery value added to our customer.
Sofine have professional PIM team over 10% of total employees, many
of them have more than 15 yesrs experences in PIM field. We can
provide world class design and engineering practice to customer by
ways of tooling design, prototyping, and advanced technology
R&D lab transferring.
|Cosmetic Base Post Process information are Subject to Material
|Some complex shape product need CNC/ Machining during the post
process,this could be addition but it is not important that every
part must need it. This depend on part's requirements.|
|PVD||Possible to get the different PVD color such as
|Surface Finish||MIM product are good to get the required surface finish such as
hair line surface finish,brush finish,sand blast mirror surface
|MIM material can be readily plated or surface treated with standard
process used on wrought material with no need for special surface
preparation.Examples of some plating and surface|
treatments offered are: electrolysis
nickel,chrome,zinc,chromatic,nickel teflon,black oxide and
- Professional PIM turnkey solution provider since 2004
- 15+ patents of invention in binders and process design
- 700+ employees, 10%+ from engineering and R&D
- Over 250 Tons annual power consumed capability
- 35,000 square meters of facility
|Feature||Best Possible ±||Nominal or Typical ±|
|Absolute dimension||0.025mm(0.001 inch)||0.05mm(0.002 inch)|
|Perpendicularity||0.1% or 0.1°||0.2% or 0.3°|
|Surface roughness||0.2μm(8 μ inch)||0.8μm(32 μ inch)|
|Comer radius||0.5mm(0.02 inch)||0.3mm(0.012 inch)|
|Metal powder of fine partical size is mixed with thermoplastic
polymer to form a mixture of ingredients konwn as feedstock. The
feedstock made into pellets and fed into the moulding machine.|
|The feedstock is heated to melt the plastic and molded to the
desired shape. The moulded parts is known as green part.|
|The binder is removed thermally by heating to around 400 degree
centigrade from the green part,by a debinding process. The debound
parts called as brown parts and is brittle and porous.|
|The brown parts is heated to more than 1200 degree centigrade,in
the finale sintering process allowing the part into a dense solid
with the elimination of pores. The sintered density is wimilar to a
casting at about 98% of theoretical.|
ESI ( Earlier Supplier Involve )
- Conception modeling and optimize
- design for manufacturing assessment
- Cost-effective modeling
Tooling Design & Fast Prototyping
- Tooling design and fabrication
- Fast prototyping
- Failure mode effective analysis
- Sample qualification by 3rd party testing
- NPI management
- Process fine-tune
- Self-motivated cost down plan
- Capacity and delivery balancing
- Maching,laser welding
- Surface finish
- Heat treat
- Final assembly if necessary
Surface finish:electroplate, PVD, sandblasting, painting, polishing and laser
Fast assessment of a part suitable for metal or ceramic injection
molding based on:
Normally yearly demand over 20k and typical weight from 0.02-50g
will be highly cost reduction when tooling cost and raw material
cost been considered.
PIM technology is specially profit for component has
holes,slots,ribs,protrusions,and multiple features.The typical max
outlet is range from 25mm to 35mm,wall thicjness 0.08 to 10mm.
Several aspects of the PIM component design improve the ease of
manufacturing,and there are a number of design features that should
be avoided. These are categorized as follows:
Allowed design features
- Axisymmetric,nonsymmetrical,prismatic,square,and freeform features
- Cantilever and nonsymmetrical shapes
- Stiffening ribs and locator features for assembly
- Protrusions,bosses,and studs
- Most hole shapes are allowed, including blind and through holes
- Holes at angles to one another
- Undercuts, grooves,slots,depressions
- External teeth,external or internal threads
- Knurled and waffle surfaces
- Part number or identification logo created by the mould
Features to avoid
- Inside closed cavities
- Undercuts on internal bores
- Very shape corners or design-desired radius greater than 0.05mm
- Long pieces without a draft or taper to allow ejection
Standard sea or air packing for powder metallurgy products,such as
carton,wooden box, Retail packing available. We can custom anything
about PIM with your company logo as your request.
Q: What is MIM technology ?
A: MIM (Metal Injection Molding) is a manufacturing technology that
combines the shape making complexity of Plastic Injection Molding
with the material flexibility of Powder Metallurgy.
If you want to know more about PIM, please click herewhat's PIM.