Ammonia is a colorless gas with a characteristic pungent smell. It
is lighter than air, its density being 0.589 times that of air. It
is easily liquefied due to the strong hydrogen bonding between
molecules; the liquid boils at −33.3 °C (−27.94 °F), and freezes at
−77.7 °C (−107.86 °F) to white crystals.
Physical &Chemical Properties
Molecular formula: NH3
Relative density of liquid ammonia (water-=1): 0.602824 (25 ° c)
Self-ignition point: 651. 11 ° c
Dangerous goods code: 23,003
Aqueous solution PH value: 11. 7
1. Liquid ammonia is primarily used in the production of nitric
acid, urea and other chemical fertilizers.
2. Can be used as raw materials in pharmaceutical and pesticide.
3. In the defense industry, used in the manufacture of rocket,
4. Can be used as a refrigerant.
5. Liquid ammonia can also be used for Mercerized finish of