Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate(SSL)
Ivory powder or flake-shaped solid. It can be dispersed well in hot
water and soluble in ethanol and hot oils and fats with pleasant
caramel-like odor. It is an anionic emulsifier with HLB value of
It can be used for multiple purposes such as emulsification, aging
resistance, gluten fortifying and fresh-keeping in many kinds of
food such as bread, steam bread, noodle, instant noodle and
dumpling. It can also be used as an emulsifier in milk, non-dairy
creamer, margarine, fresh cream, meat products, animal and
vegetable oils, etc.
(1) Increase the springiness, toughness and gas-holding capability
of dough, increase volume of the bread and steam bread and improve
the organization and structure.
(2) It can react with amylose to delay and prevent the food aging.
(3) It can make it easier to remove biscuits from moulds to produce
smooth appearance, distinct layers and crisp feeling in mouth.
(4) It can make hot and spicy food more pliable and softer and
prolong the preservation time.
(5) It can produce smoother surface, lower broken ratio, higher
soaking and boiling resistance for noodle, dried noodle and instant
noodle, and make them chewier.
(6) Enhance the quality of quick frozen food, improve their
organization and structure, and prevent surface cracking and
(1) It can be directly mixed well with flour for use.
(2) Put this product into warm water at about 60℃with proportion of
1:6 to get paste shaped substance, ten add it into flour in
proportion to obtain better effect.
(3) When used in non-dairy creamer or this kind of substance, it
should be heated well with emulsified substance to get homogeneous
emulsion before further processing.
Recommended Adding Amount:0.2~0.5 %( Calculated by Flour)
TechnicalIndex (Refer to FCCIV and FAO/WHO)
Acid Value (mgKOH/g)
Ester Value (mgKOH/g)
Total lactic acid (%)
Sodium content( %)
Aluminized bag vacuum packing with nitrogen inside. Net
weight:25KG/CTN(5*5KG)or packaged with moisture proof paper bag, 25kg/bag..
Storage & Transportation:
It should be sealed and storage in cool, dry and ventilated place
to avoid to moisture and caking. Do not store or transport it with
inflammable, explosive, poisonous or noxious goods. The sealing
preservation period is 12 months.